Saturday, May 25, 2013

On Being Alone...

I used to be a mom and a wife.  Now I don't know who or what I am.  When I'm not doing well, I just want to be alone.  I hate feeling like this.  I alleinate all the people in my life whether I mean to or not.  It is very hurtful and depressing to see my husband living his daily life, coming and going all the while, I just try to be.  I want to be the smiling, happy wife who greets him when he gets home with a warm kiss and a nice dinner.  I want to have something to even talk about.  What is there for me to talk about?  My problems, that's it.  That's my life on these long and lonely days.  I try not to moan and complain because I don't want to bring everyone down.  But like I said, what else is there to talk about?  So rather, I choose to be queit which in end, pushes people away.  I've spent my day trying to be a little productive around the house.  Laundry, cleaning and if I'm lucky, I've made something for dinner.  I hope our marriage can survive this hideous bug.  As hard as we may try, we may forget the people we were together, before all this.  I have a lot of faith in my husband and know he loves me so deep down.  He has and is willing to sacrifice anything to see me better.  I hope he remembers who I used to be, long enough for me to get there.

I feel the worst guilt for my kids.  My oldest daughter has just graduated high school with great grades.  I had always told her that if she worked hard and did well, I would give her a nice vehicle for graduation.  Well now things have changed.  There isn't a penny left, after all the supplements, dr. bills, travel, labs, tests, pills, books and etc.  I know she understands but it breaks my heart none the less.  I want to have fun and celebrate with her!  Not mope around and try to "put on the face".  My younger kids are resilient but yet I am no fun anymore so I feel them becoming distant.  It's almost like they distance themselves as self protection on the what if's.  What if mommy dies?  (like daddy did).  This is horrible.  I used to play, hike and take the kids on adventures that we always had so much fun talking about.  Now I do nothing.  I am irritable and snappy at them.  Any noise made by our kid's happy laughter make my ear drums vibrate and my head hurt.  This is unbearable.  I just want to be a mommy again.

Part of my reason for this journal is so I can remember what this hell has been like.  I know my mind is absent these days and the remainder will block out the unpleasant memories.  But I want to remember this time.  I want to remember so I may continue to be thankful for those good times and not take them for granted.  I want to know that my family loved me through these dark times and remember to appreciate them even more. 

Though my battle is only just begining, I am thinking positive.  It won't be bad for long, I'll start progressing!  It's hard on days like these.  If it wasn't for my family and my love for life, I don't know if I could bare it.  It's like slow torture. 

Well, I've had my pity party, time to get off the pott.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new battle and with some rest, perhaps I can get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment