Friday, May 24, 2013

My story, in short...

On Nov 1, 2012 I woke up very late (unusal for me) and felt like I had the flu.  I hurt all over and was very weak and fatigued.  I did notice a bump on the back of my head and I originally thought it was a tick which I had earlier proceeded to scratch and pick at.  I now was thinking it might be a spider bite?  I was sick like this for a week when my husband made me go into a dr. locally.  I did mention the probable tick bite.  He did test me with the standard medical lab for lyme titers and it was negative so they automatically don't run a western blot.  The dr. told me I was suffereing from exhaustion and was working too much.
After about a week I started feeling better, but never did I feel 100%.  A month went by and boom, it happened again.  It was worse this time.  Because of my begnin heart condition and the heart issues I was having, I went in for an echo to make sure my condition hadn't changed.  No change here.  The anxiety was getting worse.  Again I started to feel better.

This happened at least 3 more times and then the last time, I never got better.  I got worse and by March I was pretty much bed ridden.  It was so hard to even walk across the room. My muscles were stiff and very very weak.  I would get tingling sensations.  My husband took me to the coast and insisted we stay there until we got answers.  We began going back for this test and that.  After 3 MRI's they said I didn't have MS.  Tried to refer me to a neurologist or RA.  I new this story after researching on the internet.  I didn't think it was any of this.  My instincts always said lyme.  I found a lyme literate dr. online in Seattle and made my appt.  I thought I might not live to make it to the appointment, how badly I felt.  I've been to the ER two or three times in the interim because I thought I was dying.
When I got there, it was barely.  She told me she thought I had lyme, bartonella and erlichia based on my symptoms.  She started me on herbal meds while waiting a month and a half for labs.  Over this month I gradually improved to the point I was able to work a little! 
Labs are in and they are raging positive for all this stuff.  I have seen at least 10 dr's/facilities and told every one of them about the tick bite!!  What a waste of money....Well here in May I could feel the hideous bugs cycling back and had to move on it, and here I am today.
I will post a thread of all my symptoms shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment