Whoever heard of a herx anyway? Well now I know that a herxiemer reaction was named after the person who discovered it, Herxiemer. It is reference to the reaction that occurs when the "hideous bugs" die inside of you and pollute and contaminate your body. So although we want to kill them, the herxing is an unpleasant part of the process. It's good because the bugs are dying but can be bad if we aren't getting them out. Our body needs to eliminate the toxins as quickly as possible. It can be tricky though and if we do not make extra efforts to detoxify our bodies, these toxins can be continually re-absorbed.
I am only at the begining of this chapter in my journey and I've experienced a few bad herxes, although at the time I didn't know what was happening. Over a month ago I was in very bad shape and I experienced severe burning chest pain, horrible tachachardia and palpatations, terrible air hunger and burning spine/back of neck, just to name the worst. I thought I was literally dying.
This was taking doxy, high dose, for 4 days. When conventional medical doctors didn't know what to do. Then they said prednisone. Although I had a bad feeling about this, I did it any way out of desperation. Well needles to say I thought my head would explode! No more of that.
I'm now on day 2 of low dose doxy and my brain function has gone to a child's level of cognition and functioning. Short term memory loss, vertigo, a bad throbbing headache and have been hurting and aching all over. We will take this as a good sign that bugs are dying, or at least not reproducing. I wanted to really try and go the all natural route but as the lyme was cycling up again, I had to move fast. I cannot afford the treatments I would really like to pursue just yet. Soft laser and PIOH (colonic) type treatment I think might be the answer. Also Rifing and Homeopathic imprinting look promising. My dr. is a naturalpathic doctor and has lyme herself, symptom free for 7 years. So I'll be following her recommendations as long as I can afford to.
For detoxing I am trying to take daily epsom salt baths with dry skin brushing before. This does seem to help the muscle aches and pain. I am also on several natural supplements, namely a high dose of chorella for detox. I have ordered the coffee detox enema kit. As horrible as it sounds, I am excited to start these because they are supposed to really detox your liver. My liver is working overtime now with dead bug toxins and cleaning out anti biotics! I beleive I will do at least 2 per day while I am un well. I have read so many good things about detoxing with these though, I beleive I will continue these on a regular basis forever. I am going to save up for an infrared sauna. I've read a lot of lymies have had good results with these. Other things I can maybe afford soon will include accupunture, chiropractor and massage. I beleive that keeping your body in "well tuned" shape will excalate the healing process! I also drink ALOT of water, both with cell food and lemon.
No comments:
Post a Comment