Well, hello self. It's been a little bit and kind of an up and down last couple of weeks. I'm glad I started this blog! Just read my last passage and it gave me some perspective, with some time having gone by...I started this to journal/log events and such knowing that my lyme brain will kick in and I won't remember last week even.
I started the biaxin and on day two, had a major herx. My fingers and toes were twitching so hard it looked like I was typing 150 WPM on an invisible keyboard. My head and left arm kept uncontrolably jerking. I took some lorazapam and laid on my bed curled into a ball for hours. I remember thinking I might die and being glad I was home alone so no one would see me like this. Pure hell! I called my dr.'s office as soon as my ability to speak returned and she said, no more biaxin for now.
I thought my mild herxing from the doxy was managable but about 3 weeks in, it really kicked in. The dizziness, vertigo, fatigue, sometimes twitching seems to be worse. I've also noticed a lot of pain in my wrists, knees and back of neck/head region. Before the aches didn't really bother me but now they are at a level 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. I can really do the pain thing, it's the neuro stuff and the anxiety that really ruins my days. I've managed to have some better days here and there but that means I get a load of laundry done. No climbing mountians for me ;(
I saw the dr. on the 13th of June and she changed my protocol up a bit. She wants to add Zithro and wait on the biaxin due to the pathogen load being high and my sensitiviy. She said I'm a pediatric weight and so is prescribing me a children's dose. I am supposed to start this when the herxing dies down. I am begining to wonder if it will!? It feels like an eternity. I'm going to have to look at my calendar to really map when this began badly.
She said I was doing too many coffee enemas (2 per day). They did make the herxing less so I thought it was a good idea but I guess my body is too weak. My electrolytes seem depleted. So every other day she said.
Today I just started the grapefruit seed extract. This is good for killing yeast as well as breaking down cell walls of the hideous bugs. I have also started taurine and gabanol which I beleive are to help with the anxiety. Well this morning I felt anxious about the grapefruit seed extract and then after taking the other stuff have been extremely tired, drugged feeling and very nausous all day now. I did skip the doxy this morning just to give my body a chance to adjust but took it this evening. I would definately say this is causing me a herx but not sure if it is lyme or candida. I'm just trying to ride it out. It sucks.
Knee and left shoulder pain now too. I won't even ask what's next. I really just don 't want to know.
I'll catch up more later, it's been hard to be on computer and typing so I have avoided it here lately.
I miss me, can't wait to get there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment